It is almost Halloween! Which means it is time to get the perfect costume and prepare for all that the season has to offer! It is also important to ensure you that you and your children know how to stay safe during the holiday. Keep these safety tips in mind to have both a safe and fun Halloween night!
- When decorating your home, do not to put any decorations in your walkway so no one is injured when coming up to your door. Also, make sure to remove any other dangerous items, such as hoses and toys, from the walkway.
- Do not allow small children to carve their own pumpkin. Instead, have them draw a picture on the pumpkin and carve it yourself. You can also allow them to decorate the pumpkin with paint, stickers, or glitter.
- Consider using a battery operated light or glow stick to light up your jack o’ lantern. If you do choose to use a candle, make sure to place the pumpkin on a sturdy surface that is away from any flammable materials, such as curtains.
- When choosing a costume for your children, make sure to choose one that fits properly to avoid tripping and falling. Also, use reflective tape or stickers on their costume to make them more visible to passing drivers.
- Have your child carry a flashlight or glow stick to help them see in the dark, and to help them be seen by others.
- Always use designated crosswalks when crossing the street and follow all traffic laws when walking at night.
- If you are driving on Halloween night, make sure to pay attention and avoid any distractions while behind the wheel.
Bob Wolfgram Insurance Agency would like to wish you and your family a Happy Halloween!