The warm summer weather is the perfect time to spend time with your loved ones at home and enjoy a backyard barbecue. Follow these grilling safety tips to ensure that everyone has a safe and fun summer.
- Fire. Make sure to always keep a fire extinguisher nearby to put out any fires that may be caused by grilling. Make sure to clean out any built up grease before starting to grill to prevent any fires. never leave a lit grill unattended and do not children or pets play around the grilling area.
- Food safety. Make sure to keep hot food hot and cold food cold to prevent any food borne illnesses while grilling. Also make sure to clean any utensils that come into contact with raw meat before using them for anything else.
- Location. Place your grill in an open area away from any buildings or low hanging trees to prevent any fires from starting.
Keep this delicious perfectly grilled bratwurst recipe in mind for your next grill to impress all of your guests. Ingredients
- 6 large bratwursts
- 1 12 ounce can of light colored beer
- 1 chopped medium onion
- 6 peppercorns
- 4 cloves
- 6 hard rolls
- Combine the bratwursts, beer, onion, peppercorns, and cloves into a large pot. Simmer the mixtures over low heat for 20 minutes.
- Pre heat the grill while the mixture is simmering.
- Remove the bratwursts from the pot and place on the grill for 10 minutes, turning occasionally.
- Remove from the grill and serve the bratwursts on the hard rolls with the toppings of your choice.
For the most comprehensive insurance policies this summer in the Waukesha, Wisconsin area with the right amount of coverage, contact Bob Wolfgram Agency, Inc.