Superbowl Safety Tips With the Superbowl just a couple of days away, it is the perfect time to get out all of your team’s gear to root them on. While celebrating the big game with all of your friends, it is important to make sure that you know how to stay safe. Keep these Superbowl safety tips in mind to ensure that you have a fun and safe celebration. If you are attending a party:
- Do not drink too much alcohol too fast. Make sure to pace yourself between drinks and take breaks. Alternate between alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks so you can fully enjoy the game.
- Have a designated sober driver before you start drinking. Give your designated driver your keys to ensure that you make it home safely.
- If you have had too much to drink, do not get behind the wheel. Call a taxi or ask a sober friend to take you home. If you cannot find anyone to take you home, stay where you are and sleep it off.
- If you see a friend who is trying to drive drunk, take their keys. A small argument is much better than allowing them to risk their life.
If you are hosting a party:
- Have plenty of food and non-alcoholic beverages available to ensure that none of your guests get too intoxicated.
- Stop serving alcohol at the beginning of the fourth quarter, and start serving coffee to give your guests time to sober up.
- Make sure that all of your guests have designated sober drivers before they start celebrating. If one of your guests does not have a designated driver, help to arrange one.
- Have the number of a local cab company handy in case someone needs a ride home.
For all of your Wisconsin insurance needs to ensure that you are protected while watching the big game, contact Bob Wolfgram Insurance Agency with locations in Waukesha and Wauwatosa.