Stay Safe on Winter Roads With These Tips Now that the cold winter weather is officially here, it is time to make sure that you are prepared for the icy, snow covered roads. Keep these winter driving safety tips in mind to ensure that you stay safe each time you get behind the wheel this season.
- Check the weather report before you head out. If the weather is going to be especially bad, delay your trip to ensure that you make it to your destination safely.
- Make sure your windshield wipers are working properly and that you have enough windshield washing fluid. Having a clean windshield helps to ensure that you are able to see any hazards in the road.
- Drive slowly. Everything takes longer when the road is covered in ice and snow, including accelerating, turning, and decelerating. The slower you go, the more time you have to react to any dangerous situations.
- Avoid using cruise control so that you can stay in better control of your vehicle. Relying on your car to maintain one speed is not the safest in the snow.
- Increase your following distance in front of your car. The more distance you have in front of your car, the more time you have to react in case of a dangerous situation.
- If your vehicle skids, do not panic. Keep steering in the direction that you want your vehicle to go and do not slam on the brakes.
The best way to stay safe on the road this winter is to invest in the right auto insurance policy. For all of your insurance coverage needs to protect you and your family, contact the insurance professionals at Bob Wolfgram Insurance Agency in Waukesha, Wisconsin. We will work with you to ensure that you have the right amount of protection, all at the right price.